Skincare for Dummies— The Basics of Skincare at a Glance
Welcome to the world of skincare! Enjoy this practical guide on how to start your skincare journey.
Here are the steps:
- Understand the importance of skincare. Skincare is a necessity to:
- Keep your skin healthy and in good condition even as you age
- Treat skincare issues such as acne and dark spots
- Protect skin from environmental damage like sun damage
2. Educate yourself on proper skin care by speaking to a skin specialist
There’s a lot of misleading information out there on skincare and without proper care it’s easy to pick up damaging habits and use dangerous products. A dermatologist has received several years of science-backed training and is in the best position to help you understand your skin and what it needs.
3. Discover your skin type
Knowing your skin type is important because it helps you identify products tailored specifically to manage it. Your skin type could be normal, dry, oily or combination. Either of these skin types can also be sensitive i.e easily irritated by products so speaking to a dermatologist is a great thing to do because they will recommend products your skin can tolerate.
4. Acquire the basic skincare products
These skincare products aim to maintain your skin’s health and are the products you use on a daily basis. These are a cleanser, moisturizer and sunscreen.
5. Include game changers to tackle skin issues
These include products like serums that contain active ingredients. These active ingredients, like AHAs and BHAs, treat your specific skin issues like acne.
We can help you out on this journey. How?
- Speak with our skin specialist to identify your skin type and concerns
- Gain proper knowledge on how to solve your skin issues and on how to take care of your skin
- Receive a personalized skincare routine
- Receive products guaranteed to work for your skin type and concerns.
Ready to start your skincare journey? Whatsapp our dermatologist and we’ll be with you every step of the way.